Monday 1 December 2014

Introduction


                                                                Introduction


I have decided to write this blog on the geography of the goings on in my head. Whatever it is I am thinking about I will try to write a blog post on my thoughts on said thing and then go into the geography of it. I have written a sample on language, I will likely expand upon this further.
 


I have decided to write my post as it has always been of interest to me. All my life I have wondered how language has come into being. Often times have I gotten lost in a conversation, thinking hard on a word that was said, my thoughts drift on to questions about how the word may have originated, how a specific noise made by someone sometime has come to mean 'Rock.' I wonder how that one person saying a thing spread to another person and so forth until it became common practice to say certain words with meaning in everywhere within our territory. In some cases, when dialect is involved, I wonder if either different words were used prior to the commonplace words and it stuck instead of the 'official' one or if it were just a case of cultural influence, by an old language spoken by the people. Ireland, my home country, has a lot of different, 'exclusive' words, this is mainly due to the fact that Ireland has another language which , while not used as often as it used to, has heavily influenced the people. For example, we used craic instead of fun.





I will endeavour to explore as many things as I can while I am writing this blog! Thanks for reading!

1 Comments:

At 26 February 2015 at 06:59 , Blogger Unknown said...

nut pretuntus

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home